Monday, 13 July 2015

flying

I cant believe that I just dont post as much as Id like to. But to give you an update since we last met on my blog

  • moved out of my flat in May end after a coldwar with my flatmate, felt so glad and relieved. But then I spent a month stressing and looking for a new place. I couldnt get anything decent, so I moved into a friend's dad's empty apartment in May end, only to move out in the July first week. I have positively died a million deaths in the past two months. I cannot emphasise enough on how fucking difficult it is for women in Delhi - oh you smoke? we dont want our tenants to smoke (??!!!). Yes you read that right.
  • Karim got back from the field but now he is off to Ladakh to shoot a documentary with his friend. I am so so so rushed that I dont have time for anything, including him...it makes me sad though. But I feel this is the most productive period of my life and his as well, plus given my history with relationships or crushes even, Id rather proceed at a snail speed. 
  • I have traveled 11 times in the past two months. Sometimes Id reach Delhi on Sunday night and then go off somewhere on Wednesday night. I have done my laundry only 4 times, in the comfort of my home, in the past two months.
  • The only good travel in the past two months was Goa, where I actually wore a swimsuit and water-buffaloed for a good while. I ate a lot of pork sorpotel, goan sausage rice and beer. Not to forget Bebinca <3
  • Spent the last weekend attending a national meeting in Lucknow, protesting at a rally, slipping in a slush of mud and dung and injuring myself. Ugh. 
Not sure if it is a good thing or bad, but I almost forget people's names. In this national meeting that I attended, I saw a couple of women I knew sometime back but we had stopped talking. And frankly I didnt think it necessary to say hi, like why fucking pretend? I mean our friendship ran its course, you did something sad and I find it hard to reconcile with it, so let us just move on? I dont believe in social niceties, like too much pretence for a short life I say!

Anyway reached last night, slept for 12 hours straight, ran to get a bit of bank work done - I hate visiting the bank x(. Tried setting up my place, gave up after 40 minutes, made myself bread and eggs and a smoothie. Ate, drank while watching Louie Ck, slept off, woke up at 12 in the night to finish more work, and now after 2 cups of strong coffee, I am wide awake and blogging at 5. 


No comments:

Post a Comment