The titles of the recent blog posts are all random phrases from Julian Barnes 'The Only Story', a book I am reading and re-reading these days. He really writes very well.
-
I was supposed to leave for Delhi today, but I cancelled my tix and now I leave on Sunday. I never realised I was this tired of that city.
-
Its easy to be productive at home, clean house, clean air, good food, a soft bed and a garden full of plants and trees. A mango tree I planted 18 years ago is now starting to fruit, Bapi has watered it so lovingly all these years.
-
Went to get a deep tissue body massage early today, its damn painful. In general I have been complaining of a lot of body ache, I am slightly anaemic, so I think it adds to the pain. I felt relaxed, but it was also extremely painful. I was snoring by the end of it though.
-
I slept for an hour at the massage parlour, till Ma got done. Then we went to the Indian Coffee House in Sadar for a brekkie. I had vegetable cutlets - I dont know how they make the beetroot+green pea+potato combination taste so delicious. We also shared a mutton chop and I had a tall glass of cold coffee while Ma had her regular darjeeling tea. We went to Iqbal's to buy fish for the afternoon - bought papda, but there were lovely fresh water prawns, so we bought some for curry and pulao. And we bought some for Sheetu Mama's family also.
-
Ma informed me that Sheetu mama was diagnosed with lymphoma last October, he is doing well now. And that Tinku is at home these days taking care of him. Tinku is so pretty, she is someone I have continuously compared myself to - her beauty, her grace, her resolve to succeed in everything she does. Even when she wakes up, she looks like she is just walking out of the spa. She is training to be a historian, and History is my new favourite thing. So anyway we went to laal bari[red house] to see them, hand over the fish. I was told that I have dropped too many kgs and whether I have stopped eating food, but then when they saw that I have three piercing in one ear and two in the other, they just went 'tcchh, what is all this style'. I know why I lack style, thats because no one in my family even gets what style is.
-
I have finally finally decided that I am taking a flight on sunday or monday at the latest, so now I have to go meet all my relatives, sleep some more, soak in some more love, and prepare myself to get back in the hustle. what is life evennnnnnnn
-
Its a krautrock kind of a day. I think the men are incredibly talented and I have a crush on all of them. This music helps me write and focus.
Can - Mother Sky
No comments:
Post a Comment